Enrollment is open to all persons 18 years and over, regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, physical and/or mental disability.
Books will be purchased by students during the first class session; no refunds.
Tuition fees may be refunded only if the request for the refund is made before the second class session begins.
Enrollment fees are not refundable unless the class is cancelled by the school. Refunds may take 3 - 4 weeks.
Three options for certification:
A. Credit Method. Meet same credit requirements as current day school students.
the General Educational Development (GED)
Tests with a 450 average or better and no
test score below 410, plus successful completion
of one semester of a high school level course
from an accredited private/public school or community school for adults in Hawaii.
Based (CB) Community School Diploma Program - a 3-semester
practical life-long skills program based on
5 content areas.
The administration reserves the right to cancel any class, which lacks sufficient enrollment.
- The school reserves the right to remove from class and school grounds any student or individual exhibiting inappropriate behavior.
- A placement test is required for all Adult Basic Education, English as A Second Language, EL Cvics and Adult Secondary Educational Programs prior to the start of the class.
Explanation of Fees:
Note - Beginning Fall 2012 all students will be assessed a $20 enrollment fee.
- Tuition Fee - The fee collected to pay the instructor
- Supply/Materials Fee - Collected for supplemental materials (i.e. handouts) used in the class
- Lab Fee - Collected to maintain the equipment used
- Book Fee - Collected to pay for all books used in class. Cost of books is subject to change without notice. No refunds or exchanges for books purchased.
- Inital Test Fee - Fee charged to determine students placement in the following classes: GED, CB, Basic, Citizenship and all ESL classes. First time students and students with an invalid placement test score will be assessed an additional $5 testing fee.
- All payments by cash or local check only